23 September 2008

the frustration of human nature

I should've written this earlier because now I don't really remember how this came up, but it was quoted about someone saying how much they don't know about human nature, and how this can be frustrating about the course or philosophy in general.
Of course, I think in terms of movie quotes and song lyrics, so this particular quote came to mind. It's from my all time favorite chick flick Say Anything:

A lot of [people] think they have to know, right? But inside they don't really know, so... I don't know, but I do know that I don't know.-- LLOYD DOBLER


In class there are a lot of unknowns, and for someone like me, a fact lover, it does get frustrating. Knowing that there's no end in sight can drive someone up a wall, but however, I do feel as if embracing that we know that we don't know can help during class.

No comments: